Saturday 23 March 2013

Chlöe Howl - I Wish I Could Tell You

We’ve already featured the first two songs from Chlöe Howl’s free to download EP, so let’s make it a threesome and complete the set with I Wish I Could Tell You, recently released to the world wide web. Having used words in the past like sassy and potty mouthed when talking about this new potential pop starlet we also suggested that she’s like a modern electronic pop version of Kate Nash that it’s OK to like (although for reasons we described yesterday, we still really love The Nasher as well), but with I Wish I Could Tell You we get the softer side of Chlöe.

This song finds the singer giving it some  ex-boyfriend angst, finding it difficult to move on from her previous relationship. “It gets a little hard to sleep knowing you were here, this other guy's good for me but you won't disappear,” she sings. What shall we do? Give her a good metaphorical slap and tell her to get on with life and enjoy the good memories? Or give her a cuddle and console her that maybe, just maybe one day if he really loves her he’ll come back to her? Sorry Chlöe, deal with it, he’s gone, stop being so bloody emo. The best way to get over one man is to get under another. So get on with that and forget Mr Right. Oh and while you’re at it tell your guitarist that the distant riff in this song sounds like a slow motion version of the one from Coldplay’s Fix You.

You can download the free EP using this link here. Expect to see Howl treading the boards live soon with a confirmed date at Brighton’s Great Escape and others sure to follow.

Chlöe Howl - I Wish I Could Tell You

No comments: