Friday 18 March 2011

D/R/U/G/S - Love / Lust

At last years In the City event one of the performances that made the biggest impression on Breaking More Waves was the all-conquering cyber-grooves of D/R/U/G/S. From that point onwards they were always going to feature on our annual Ones to Watch list and now finally there’s a proper release through Moshi Moshi offshoot Tender Age on May 9th. The track Love / Lust you may already be familiar with – full of irresistible ripples, echoing piano and female vocal loops it’s easy to see why we have in the past compared D/R/U/G/S to baldy rave gods Orbital. You may even remember the track from when we featured the Antwerp Remix in December.

Love / Lust will be backed with Velodrome I and II – the former which streams below. It’s a sleek spacey minimal piece with a contemplative yet pounding sound that’s bound to get dance freaks closing their eyes and gurning in mellow joy. “I write new music every day. If I'm in the mood to just write I'll record all kinds of sounds. I know how I want my tracks to feel but I don't know how to get there. No one does really. That struggle is what you hear, that's the music,” says Cal from D/R/U/G/S. So listen below and hear that struggle.

D/R/U/G/S are playing a number of live shows in the later part of March and have also been confirmed for both the Camden Crawl and Great Escape festivals. Knob twiddling computer geekery may not always be fantastic to watch live but our experience last year was that D/R/U/G/S really work – so if you get the chance, go see, go dance.

D/R/U/G/S - Love / Lust 12" Version

D/R/U/G/S - Velodrome I

No comments: